Taking Care of Your Eyes
We only get one set of eyes. Time is of the essence when disaster strikes and you have an eye emergency.
If you have an eye emergency after regular business hours, please call or visit your local emergency room. In some instances, the injury cannot wait until the next day. Otherwise, please contact us.
Our team accepts emergency appointments and we can provide you with instructions to follow until you get here.
What Is an Emergency?
When in doubt, you should always call your eye doctor to determine if you’re experiencing an eye emergency. And as a general rule, any swelling, redness, or pain in your eyes could be considered an emergency.
Other potential signs of an eye emergency can include:
- Sudden or severe headaches
- Decreased or double vision
- Bleeding in or around the eye
- Discharge in or around the eye
- One eye suddenly bulging or sticking out
- Different sized pupils
- Feeling like something is in your eye
- Chemical sprays or burns
What Not to Do
When you call our office, our team can give you specific instructions to follow until you can make it in. But there are a few things to always remember:
- Don’t move or pull out any foreign objects
- Don’t apply pressure or rub your eyes
- Don’t put any medications or ointments on your eye before speaking with the eye doctor
Visit Us Today
If you’re experiencing an eye emergency, don’t wait. Reach out and talk with the team at Essential Eyes Columbia today. After listening to your experience, we can give you directions on your next steps
We Want to Meet You!
We’re here to meet your vision needs. Stop by for a visit!
Where to Park?
Plenty of parking is available right outside our office doors in the plaza.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 AM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:30 AM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed